Events & Clubs
STEM FEST 2018-2019 - SOUND
STEM Fest is an evening event at Lincoln for students (and parent volunteers) to learn more about Sound through hands-on activities and experiments! We will be exploring many aspects of sound through Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, including:
- How does the ear work? And how do hearing aids help people hear?
- What happens to the ear when sound is too loud?
- How does sounds travel through the air? Through other objects?
- How is sound created with different pitches? And how do I plot these different pitches on a graph?
STEM Fest is held on two different nights for different ages:
- Grades K-2: Thursday, January 24, 6:00-7:30pm
- Grades 3-5: Thursday, February 7, 6:30-8:00pm
Interested students MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE for STEM Fest. The deadline to register is Thursday, January 10. Students will be placed on teams, and must stay with their teams for the entire event. Parent volunteers are needed to help the event run smoothly, and can register on the same form. To register for the event, please click HERE.
ONE LINCOLN, ONE AUTHOR 2017-2018
It's BACK!!! It's time for the 2018 One Lincoln program! This year we are making a few changes - most notably, the program has changed to One Lincoln - One Author, Two Books! In previous years, all of Lincoln read the same book; however, as the new name suggests, this year our Lincoln Lions will be reading TWO books by the same author! We are so excited to announce that this years author is Andrew Clements. Each family with students in grades 3 -5 will receive a copy of "Frindle" and each family with students in grades K - 2 will receive "Big Al". All books will be sent home tomorrow, April 6th with the oldest child in each respective group.
Another big change is that in past years, weekly questions were sent home and students who completed and returned the questions were entered into a weekly raffle. This year, we will be having two raffles, with a winner at each grade level for each raffle. The first raffle will be held on Friday, April 27th and the second raffle will be May 11th.
Please note: the K - 2 book "Big Al" is not a chapter book and one that most 1st and 2nd graders will be able to read on their own, however Kindergartners may need some help.
Suggested treading timeline for "Frindle"
April 13th - April 19th (Chapters 1 - 4)
April 20th - April 26th (Chapters 5 - 7)
April 27th - May 3rd (Chapters 8 - 11)
May 4th - May 10th (Chapters 12 - 15)
Raffle Questions (click here)
Due by April 27th (winners to be announced Monday, April 30th)
Who is your favorite character and why?
Due by May 11th (winners to be announced Monday, May 14th)
What was your favorite part of the book?
We are very excited for this great Lincoln tradition and can't wait for all of our Lincoln Lions to be talking about our authors' books! Happy Reading!!
Please direct any questions to Amy Belich (email@example.com)
The Social Committee plans, organizes, and facilitates 3 to 4 PTA-sponsored social events to bring Lincoln families together outside school hours. Dates, times, and event content are subject to change, but we have a few fun things in the works this year!
SAVE THE DATE!
September and October
Mom's Night Out
Click Here for more information!
Wizard of Oz @ Paramount Theatre, Aurora
Click HERE for details on how to buy tickets!
January 14th (Teacher Institute Day)
Day @ Villa Olivia
Trivia Night at Lincoln
April 19th (Teacher Institute Day)
Ice Skating Event @ Edge Ice Arena
End of Year Summer Party
Lincoln Social Committee 2018-2019
Chairs: Alison Ray, Julie Williams, Jackie Smith, Meredith Marzano
The committee needs your help! If you would like to volunteer for an upcoming event, opt into our email list for notifications here.
2018-2019 LINCOLN TALENT SHOW
Talent Show 2019 -- Friday, March 15th
For the past FIVE years, our Lincoln Lions have danced, sang, tumbled, played, sprang, and rocked their talent like it was nobody's business and this year will be no different!
Get out your PENS, not your pencils, and mark your calendars! The 6th Annual Lincoln's Got Talent is just around the corner on Friday, March 15th!
Thursday, May 24 is Field Day at Lincoln!
The Field Day Committee is so excited for your children to have some fun outside and celebrate the end of the school year! To help get summer kicked-off right, Field Day will feature a Circus Theme with Clowns, a Big Top, and more water games!
We would like to share the following important information with you:
- Each classroom has been assigned a color - See the chart below for the list of Class Colors. The PTA is providing bandanas for students and teachers in their class’s specific color. The students will receive their bandanas on Field Day. In addition, classes are encouraged to wear other clothes to match their class color.
- We are looking for more volunteers to help at Field Day. This is such a great way to help at the school while watching your child have fun with their classmates! Please see the Sign Up Genius for more details.
- We need your “trash” donations for Field Day. We need empty 2 Liter soda bottles and empty water bottles. Please see the Sign Up Genius for more details.
- Multiple ice water stations will be out on the field. Students are welcome to bring their own water bottles or cups will be provided at the water station if they do not have a water bottle.
- We are asking all students to wear socks and closed-toed shoes for safety playing the games on the field.
- We are hoping for gorgeous weather! Please apply sunscreen to your children, as teachers and volunteers will not be allowed to assist with sunscreen application.
- Grades 1-3 will be on the field in the morning, and Grades 4-5 will be on the field in the afternoon. The lunch hour is scheduled for 11:10-12:10, and students will be provided a Fun Lunch by the PTA.
- In the case of inclement weather, Field Day will be cancelled.