Week of September 20
Dear Lincoln Families,
I hope you have all had a wonderful week! I once again saw some great learning taking place in our 5th-grade classes this week. I can tell that students are becoming more and more comfortable in their new space! I also know that many of you are eager for your children to get involved in some of the same ways they were able to engage at Lincoln in the past. I am working with Amy Sutton and Meghan Scarsella, your room parents, to coordinate a few clubs based on the parent volunteers we have available. We should have more information about those later this week! I appreciate your patience and understanding as we have worked through the first few weeks of our transition year. Please reach out to me if you have any specific questions or concerns. While I am not at Bryan every day, I am here to advocate for you and your child every step of the way.
New topics included below
- Upcoming Event- NAMI DuPage County Octoberfest
- Directory Spot
- Student club updates
- Lincoln website
- Important Upcoming Dates
- Cell phone reminder
- Lunch Information
- Arrival/Dismissal Reminder
- Moving Forward together site
- Health & Safety Reminders
NAMI DuPage is joining forces with the DuPage County Fair Association to put on some fun in 2021!
WHEN: October 1-3, 2021
WHERE: DuPage County Fairgrounds
WHY: Get out of the house and raise money for a good cause
- Carnival rides and kids’ activities
- Car show
- Pancake breakfast
- Wine and beer tasting
- Live music
- And much more!
Proceeds go to NAMI DuPage to continue to offer free and low-cost services, including:
- Mental Health education to Jr. High and High School students
- Teen support groups
- Support groups and peer counseling
- Educational and support programs
- Career education
- Social and recreation programs
I have confirmed that 5th-grade students will be on the Bryan Directory Spot along with their teachers and other staff supporting 5th grade. The team has been working on it this week and hope to have it updated this weekend or next week for all families. In order to have access to Directory Spot, you must be a member of Bryan PTA.
STUDENT CLUB UPDATES
More information coming later this week!
Our Lincoln website has been updated with links to the schools where our community is being served. All prior newsletters from this year have been posted there for ease of access.
CELL PHONE POLICY
A student may have a cell phone in school ONLY if it is kept hidden from view, turned off, is not used in or around the school (8:00 AM - 3:05 PM), and is not used on a school bus. This also applies to any communication device similar to a cell phone such as an Apple Watch or Gizmo. If a student does bring a phone or a smartwatch, it should be kept in their locker.
Please refer to the BMS lunch menu on our website under Parent/Student Quick Links.
• Students should arrive no earlier than 8:00 as we do not have supervision outside prior to then.
• Students enter the building at 8:05 with instruction starting at 8:15 am.
MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER PLAN
This resource is updated each week Click here to view our plan. A new section titled “District 205 COVID Metrics” has been added. This section will provide you with information regarding COVID metrics at the county, district, and individual school levels.
**At this time, Lincoln 5th graders are included in the Bryan COVID numbers, if your child is in class with a student who is positive you will receive a letter to indicate if your child is considered a close contact or a low-risk exposure (meaning that he/she was not in close contact for more than 15 minutes without a mask).
We greatly appreciate our families who choose to use our busing services provided by First Student. As a reminder, masks are required when riding D205 transportation. Students need to bring a mask with them to the bus stop. Each bus driver only has a limited supply of extra masks to share.
Michelle Pinedo is our school nurse and her email is Mpinedo@elmhurst205.org. Please reach out if you have any questions!
Reminder about keeping our school community healthy
We want to ensure that our school community remains healthy. As a reminder, if your student is experiencing any of the following symptoms, they should remain at home.
- Fever (100.4°F or higher)
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Fatigue from an unknown cause
- Muscle or body aches from an unknown cause
Additionally, students should remain home if any of the following apply:
- The student has been asked to quarantine by the local health department.
- The student has tested positive for, or is awaiting the results of, a COVID test.
- The student is unvaccinated and a member of the household has symptoms of COVID or has tested positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for your role in helping keep our school community safe.
ABSENCES OR EARLY PICKUPS
If your student is going to be picked up early for any reason, please send a note or email to the teacher along with Judi Myszkowski, email@example.com, and Francis Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org in the office. You can also call the school office to let them know.
If your child will be absent for 3 or more consecutive days or for a non-school-sponsored activity (hockey, soccer, dance, etc.) or vacation, please use the pre-planned absence form. You can find this linked on our website under absences. You do not have to complete the third section of this document
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- September 22 -Late Arrival (students come in at 9:37 am)
- Friday, September 24 – (Spirit day) Throwback (80’s/90s gear)
- Wednesday, September 29 - Picture Retakes
- October 1-(Spirit day) Work out gear/stress relief
- October 8-Institute Day, No School
- October 11-Columbus Day, No School
- October 20-Late Arrival
- November 10-Late Arrival
- Monday, November 22, 4:30-8 pm - Parent-Teacher Conference
- Tuesday, November 23, 10-6 pm - Parent-Teacher Conference
**Please note that our 5th grade WILL have school on October 22 when Bryan has their Parent/Teacher conferences. Lunch and bus services on that day will be in place.
Please be sure to download the 2021-22 D205 calendar with holidays, student late arrivals, etc.
Reminder, if you need to contact someone about a school-related, bus, or report a child absent, please call the Bryan main office at 630-617-2350 Monday - Friday, 7:30 am-3:30 pm. Attendance Line: 630-617-8222.
My email is email@example.com or you can call me at 630-834-4272 extension 6802.